When using the Google Chrome browser, a common and frustrating bug is when the mouse cursor disappears. There are several ways on how to prevent websites you are visiting from disabling the mouse cursor on Chrome that you can try to get rid of the problem. Read on to find out the most useful ones.
How to update Chrome browser?
Sometimes we forget that all the software we use should be updated frequently to get around bugs and other functionality problems. If you use Google Chrome browser, update it anytime you see the upwards arrow in the place of three vertical dots in Customize and control section. The icon will be green if the update was released recently, but it can become orange or even red depending on how much you are late for the newest update.
How to change hardware acceleration feature settings?
Sometimes enabling or disabling the hardware acceleration option in Chrome browser settings can help with the mouse bug. You can turn it off and see if the mouse doesn’t disappear anymore or turn it on if it still does. The method works differently for different OS.
1. To find the Hardware Acceleration option, click on the three little dots (customize and control menu) and go to Settings.
2. In the settings menu, go to Advanced > System and switch on or off the toggle in Use hardware acceleration when available. Relaunch Google Chrome browser and see if that helped.
Need more help with Google? Check out our Forum!
- The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) google chrome [solved] > Forum - Google Chrome
- You do not have permission to open the application “google chrome”. [solved] > Forum - Google Chrome
- Google docs cursor offset
- Where is the tools icon on google chrome [solved] > Forum - Google Chrome
- How to export bookmarks from Chrome: Edge, Safari, Firefox > Guide
- How to enable extensions in incognito in Chrome
- How to send link via email with Google Chrome extension
- How to block camera and microphone access on Chrome
- How to install extension in Chrome: Android, manually
- How to reset Google Chrome settings: to default, Android
- How to turn off auto translate in Chrome: Android
- How to change download location Chrome: Android, Mac
- How to check Google Chrome: version history, for updates
- Speed up Chrome browser: Windows 10, PC, on Android
- How to see downloads in Chrome: Android, iOS
- How to access Google USA: from other countries
- Restore Google toolbar: in Windows 10, on Android tablet
- How to clear auto-opening settings on Chrome: 2021
- How to clear cookies on Chrome: automatically, Android, Mac
- What does the lock symbol mean on Google Chrome?
- How to find saved passwords in Chrome: Mac, Android, PC
- How to disable images in Chrome: Android, iPhone, extension
- How to change new tab page Chrome: Android, extension, Mac
- How to enter full screen mode Chrome: Windows 10, Mac
- How to play audio files directly in Chrome
- How to change Chrome icon on desktop
- Disable hardware acceleration Chrome: shortcut, registry
- How to search for a word on a web page Chrome: shortcut, Mac
- How to close all tabs in Google Chrome on Android
- How to sort bookmarks in Chrome: alphabetically, by date
- How to view recently visited websites on Chrome
- Where are Chrome extensions stored: Mac, Windows 10, Linux
- How to allow multiple downloads in Chrome
- Enable WebGL Chrome: 2021, Mac, Android
- How to remove a Google account from Chrome browser
- How to stop Chrome from searching in address bar 2021
- How to recover Google account password: without phone number
- How to remove guest mode in Chrome: Windows, Mac, extension
- Create desktop shortcut on Google Chrome