I think I've been hacked

Closed
TrinB Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2015 - Apr 15, 2015 at 11:46 AM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 15, 2015 at 07:43 PM
I tried to log into my facebook account but it came up with the message:
Your Name Wasn't Approved
Unfortunately, we can't approve that name.
You can enter an updated name again in 0 minutes. To make sure the updated name complies with our policies, please read more about what names are allowed on Facebook.

I've tried to recover my account and my email is recognised and my avatar photo is also there, I've followed the instructions, changing my password etc, but at the end it still comes up with that same message. The name I have is actually my name and I've always had it so I haven't changed anything to cause this.
I can't find any way to contact the powers at FB to report it.
Can anyone help... please

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Apr 15, 2015 at 06:17 PM
OK, hang in there. Please wait at least 15 or 30 days. It will take that long. If you need for me to explain how and why it takes that long, let me know, Ill be happy to do the math for you!

Have FUN and be patient!
TrinB Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2015
Apr 15, 2015 at 07:11 PM
What, exactly will take that long?? 15 to 30 days for what... to answer my question on here or to fix the facebook problem?

Don't you dare be so presumptuous to tell me to 'Have FUN and be patient', I have a chronic illness which doesn't allow for a whole bunch of FUN!
Blocked Profile
Apr 15, 2015 at 07:37 PM
Well, It won't take that long for us to answer, as I already have. I will find you a link and post back here!
Blocked Profile
Apr 15, 2015 at 07:43 PM
Here is just one example of a waiting period, from a user just like you. As I find more, I will post back.

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-763206-fb-page-hacked-by-phishing-link

I am sorry to hear of your illness, as I had no idea you were facing such adversity. Please, when you contact FACEBOOK, let then know!

I still encourage all to HAVE PATIENCE and HAVE FUN!

"If you would have told me 20 years ago that everyone was going to be a photographer in 20 years, I wouldn't have believed you!"