April 19, 2015
-
Registration date
Sunday April 19, 2015
Status
Last seen
April 19, 2015
-
Hi, the laptop I'm referring to is hp's compaq nc6220. It's quite old and I'm pretty positive that it's battery died. The reason I believe so is because it ran fine when plugged in but wouldn't work otherwise (could be wrong though, I'm far from an expert).
Anyway, I was using it normaly browsing the internet and it just died. I couldn't turn it on. I thought at the moment that the plug fell out or something (happened sometimes) but no, everything was fine. Tried using other outlets: nothing. The only thing that's worth mentioning is that the LED light flickered when the plug that goes into the laptop was at a certain angle but for a brief moment.
What can I do here? Is the info enough for a possible diagnosis? If so can I revive my old laptop? If not is there a way of recovering the data from it?
Thank you in advance :)

P.S. sorry if my terminology is not correct

1 reply

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 21, 2020
Hello Sinister,

Your terminology is correct!

The fact that the laptop just all of a sudden died and that you could no longer start it, indicates a power supply issue to which only a qualified technician can attend to.

You data could no doubt be recovered by the technician to another hard disk. Look at the cost of repairing compared to a new machine.

Good luck
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Sunday April 19, 2015
Status
Last seen
April 19, 2015

Thanks, will do :)

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox