Blue Screen Error with Windows XP

Closed
BANDlT - May 10, 2015 at 11:56 PM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - May 12, 2015 at 02:00 AM
Hello,

I started getting the blue screen error which blocks Windows XP Pro around the same time everyone else did, I have done many searches and see hundreds of suggestions, everything from taking battery out of motherboard, to selecting default settings in bios, none of them did anything. I still had the original Hard Drive I got with the computer, which I put in and tried installing windows XP both 32 bit and 64 bit versions, neither one would install but always went to the blue screen, the only other OS I have is Windows 7 so I installed it on the smaller HD, then installed my larger HD as secondary to save my files so I could reformat and load Win 7 on the larger drive. I can still only load Win 7 on either HD, Windows XP of any kind will not load on any HD. This is a serious issue both because I despise Window7 every since I first tried it, and because more than half my programs and tools I used on a regular basis does not work at all on Windows 7, I am constantly having to reformat and reload Windows from complications from this OS in which I always try first to load any XP version. I truly believe in that finally windows update which gave the time limit in which Windows XP would no longer be supported, it changed something in the bios that I have not found a way to reverse, which would explain why everyone on the web is having this same issue with their system, and why it only effects Win XP. If anyone has any suggestion that is not already amoung the hundreds floating around the internet, that would actually work, please help me, I seriously need to get XP Pro back on my system.
Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
May 11, 2015 at 06:12 AM
Hello Bandit,
You didn't explain what BSOD you got at installation?
I wrote down the numbers to do a search which was the same as others were posting when I did a search, I lost the numbers so I will have to write them down again next time I have to reload windows. When I putt in a windows xp disc, it appears to load the files, but before it get to the option of formatting or deleting partitions, it goes to the blue screen with a row of numbers then starts turning off and on restarting going to the blue screen each time after it doesn't find a boot file.
I do know it isn't the hard drives as it does the same thing on both, and is not the XP disk one is fairly new and the 64 bit is brand new and does the same on both of those, and most likely isn't the registry, after loading win 7 then reconnecting the 1 TB HD I reformatted it, then move all of my file to the smaller HD so I could install a fresh OS on the 1TB which I tried both XP Pro disk before installing Windows 7. It is a Lenovo M58P Dual Core that has worked fine for the 3-4 years I have had it, and my previous computers never had any problems so it is my first time experiencing the blue screen issue, I'm not sure what the different types of blue screens are.
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
May 12, 2015 at 02:00 AM
Yes Bandit there are different types of Blue screen which notify us where is the issue was..
In your case may be the problem in windows cd or cd-rom or hard disk etc..