Both my laptop shutdown while I was working and not turning on.

Closed
tcsani Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday June 10, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2015 - Jun 10, 2015 at 05:48 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Jun 13, 2015 at 07:57 AM
Hello,
I have a macbook pro 2011, while I was working got shutdown and now its not getting on, Not even it seems getting charge as no indicator in the charging point.
After 3 days when i tried my brother laptop of Lenovo i3 processor .. the same thing happened and not this is also not getting start.
My Observation :
1. My backbook was running on battery last time whereas Lenovo was on charger.
2. Both the time i was online with my dongle.But I also worked with this dongle on 3rd laptop almost a day and nothing happened to that laptop of lenovo brand only.

I am totally confused and if someone can help in providing solution and root cause also.

please help.
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Jun 13, 2015 at 07:57 AM
Hi Tcsani,

This feels like a power problem. Are you certain the chargers aer working?

Its a long shot, but I had this once - is the power socket on the wall working? To test this try plugging the charger into a socket in a different room - or better still at a friends house to discount a fused mains supply. Alternatively try plugging a lamp into the one you are using to charge the laptop. Does it work?