Icon for the internet have a yellow exclamation and it said: "U

Closed
Stagg_1205 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday June 13, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2015 - Jun 13, 2015 at 08:08 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Jun 16, 2015 at 11:47 AM
Hmm I have some problem with my connection to the internet...On my taskbar, icon for the internet have a yellow exclamation and it said: "Unidentificated network". I have tryed to install network driver on my computer, but after few secodns it said: "Cannot install drivers. No Intel adapters are present in this computer"... I have been trying ti fix my network for a few days... Anyone know how to fix this?
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Jun 13, 2015 at 08:37 AM
Hi Stagg

As far as toyr installing a network driver ... It looks like you are trying to install the wrong drivers. The drivers must be the ones for the card you have in your machine.

Leaving that aside for a moment, I think you do have some drivers already installed - purely because you have a network icon in the notification area.

Try this first ...

1) From the Start button type "inetcpl.cpl" (no quotes) into the search/run box and press [Enter]. Internet Properties should open up.
2) lick on the "Connections" tab.
3) Click on the [LAN Settings] button
4) Ensure "Automatically detect settings" is ticked. Untick any other options.
4a) If the "Use a proxy server ..." is ticked run an up to date Antivirus without delay. you cant get on the internet yet so the one you have will have to do.
5) Press the [OK] button on both open dialogue boxes.
6) I cant remember if you need to restart your PC for these changes to take effect ... but first try the Internet again, update your Antivirus and scan again. restarting without the virus scan might allow any viruses to change the settings again.
7) let me know how it goes.

Stagg_1205 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday June 13, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2015
Jun 13, 2015 at 10:12 AM
Thanks for ur reply... but this still doesn't work. The "Automatically detects settings" was ticked, and "Use proxy server..." was unticked. I have scan my system two times and restarts my computer...but still nothing. Do u know any other way that maybe can solve this?
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150 > Stagg_1205 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday June 13, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2015
Jun 16, 2015 at 11:47 AM
So it now looks like a driver issue. Open Device Manager and delete the network adapters. DO NOT DELETE the driver software!. Restart your machine and it should start to install the drivers for the network adaters as long as they are installed on your system in the first place.

Again - let me know how it goes.