Connected to the internet but browsers not working?

Closed
mrstheroux Posts 1 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 14, 2015 - Jun 14, 2015 at 07:40 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 14, 2015 at 02:00 PM
A few weeks ago my Google Chrome crashed and since then I haven't been able to use it (whenever I try it just crashes immediately and I have to close it) so I've been having to use Internet Explorer - but yesterday my laptop updated itself and since then my IE doesnt work either! It doesnt crash but it doesn't load anything I try to search. I've already tried restarting my pc a few times, and I'm sure I don't have any viruses...

Any ideas?

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 14, 2015 at 02:00 PM
The reason may be that some files or registry entries of these browsers are corrupted. So, firstly try to use another browser (for example Firefox). If it's working, and you still want to use either Chrome or IE you need to resolve problems listed above doing this:
Go to the control panel, click programs and features, locate Google Chrome and uninstall.
Delete installation directories C:\Program files\Google or, on 64-bit Windows, C:\Program Files (x86)\Google
Open File Explorer
Enable View Hidden Files and Folders.
Locate folder named "Google" under C:\Users\(account name)\AppData\Local
Open the Registry Editor by pressing the Windows Key + R type regedit and click OK.
Locate;
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google and delete it by right clicking it and selecting delete.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google and delete it by right clicking it and selecting delete.
Click File, Exit
Restart your PC
(If you have CCleaner run the registry cleaner and fix selected issues)
Install Google Chrome
For IE use this link on official Microsoft support https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/browsers/how-to-repair-or-reinstall-ie

Cheers!