Father jammed hard drive in usb,now doesn't work?

Closed
eerie - Jun 16, 2015 at 10:20 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 17, 2015 at 05:55 AM
Hello,

My windows 7 laptop has an issue where my USB won't stay inside,it easily slides out after my father decided to jam my hard drive into it when it seemed bent (they gave me their old laptop while my younger siblings got brand new ones, it's extremely slow, so I barely even get to use it). Shortly after, anytime I plugged anything into my laptop, the laptop would shut off. I have tried different USB cables and updating the drivers. The only reason I want to get it up and running is because I finally got a drawing tablet after several years of asking, but I cannot use it without plugging it in. Can this easily be fixed, or do I have to buy a brand new laptop?
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jun 17, 2015 at 05:55 AM
Hello

That implies working on the motherboard. I would think that it can be fixed but only a technician can tell you. Have an estimate done and compare with the price of a new laptop.

Good luck