HELP with access to my school's website? Need it ASAP!!

Closed
jaejae07 Posts 1 Registration date Friday June 19, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2015 - Jun 19, 2015 at 09:44 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 20, 2015 at 05:17 AM
So about two or so months ago my school's webpage was fully functional. I could use everything no problem. Apparently the site got hacked. I was able to contact the web developer of the site and we emailed back and forth from the link i have to their email on my phone.We tried to resolve the issue numerous times as they had supposedly switched servers or something of that nature to add security. The site was and still is sketchy at best on my phone but i can easily bypass the security warning and access the page now. The problem I am having is with my desktop computer. Ever since this issue I cannot access the website for the life of me-- except for the registration part of the site that i have bookmarked. I have tried all of the web developer's theories and nothing has worked. She even tried to send me a link to their I.P. address to access it. Her final email to me was that if i had or had ever had AVAST anti-virus installed on my computer and if so that it was probably the case or case of old remnants of it causing the issue. I searched and found them but could not delete them apparently i do not have permission to do so. I have even tried avast's uninstall app. I have not had this anti virus on my computer in over 2 years and had no issue prior to this "hacking". Also one of the last things she mentioned to me before she quit replying had something to do with her telling me that Avast changes my computer's DNS settings and their servers haven't been updated with the school's new Website IP address and the servers are still trying to direct me to their old IP address is why i'm not able to reach the site anymore and get an error connection timed out result. She instructs me to change my DNS settings and the problem should resolve. I asked how i would go about that and she has not responded since and its been about a month. I'm not fully sure of what i was being told or not but i am on a mission to get this up and running before the new semester starts. I have lastly tried CCleaner as well as downloading IE explorer and Firefox in desperation (chrome user). I am the only one of my friends who attend the school that are experiencing this issue. Is there anything at all possible besides rebooting the computer from the beginning that i can do? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
-Jessica
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jun 20, 2015 at 05:17 AM
Hi Jessica

To help you and prescribe the remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a report.

1. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :
https://nicolascoolman.eu
(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message, ignore it.)

2. Save the file on your Desktop.

3. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

(For Vista and Win 7 users, click right to ensure you execute with admin right)

The tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix after log analysis).

4. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

5. If you need to change the language, click on the little house, (bottom right) and change to English

6. Click on Full.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

7. Close ZHPDiag.

8. To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

9. Search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\desktop\zhpdiag.txt).
Ambucias
Moderator and Virus/Security Contributor