Laptop won't turn on and power button blinking

Closed
Addison - Jun 26, 2015 at 12:17 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jul 1, 2015 at 08:07 AM
Hello,
So my problem is that I have a laptop which is the Lenovo G Flex and the power button keeps on blinking and I can't shut down the laptop completely by pressing and holding the start button. And I can't turn on the laptop as well. There is no battery pack on the laptop that I can remove. Please help.
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jul 1, 2015 at 08:07 AM
Hello Adisson,

What type of storage uses your laptop - an SSD or an HDD? If your operation system is stored on an hdd you have to check whether the disk is spinning. If it doesn't, I think your laptop has severe issue with the motherboard. Probably there's not enough power going to your hard drive so it can't spin up. If your laptop is out of warranty, I suggest that you open it and take out the drive. After that you could to connect it to another PC via SATA-USB cable in order to see if it will spin. If there're no signs of it, I guess it might have failed.
If the disk works on another computer, then the motherboard of laptop has to be replaced.

Hope this helps.

KY_WD