Toshiba laptop wont boot

Closed
Tristan - Jul 4, 2015 at 11:24 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jul 6, 2015 at 03:10 AM
Hello,
My laptop will not turn on. When i push the power button, the power light comes on and i can hear the faint humming of the....engine? (I'm bad i know) This happened after i left the laptop plugged in overnight.
I have already tried the whole battery reset thing (hold down for 60 seconds yada yada) and have tested the screen with an external monitor: a message on the other screen tells me there is no input.
This plus the fact that the caps lock button does not light up when i press it tells me that, despite the sounds and the power light the laptop just isn't booting up.
i have just taken out the RAM card and wiped it clean of dust but there has been no change.
Any ideas anyone?
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jul 6, 2015 at 03:10 AM
Hi Tristan,

Have you tried with another power cable? It seems to me that your laptop may not be getting enough energy to work properly. The sound you hear may be coming from the fans, that may get enough power, which may not be enough to run the entire laptop. Do you hear any beeping sound when you press the power button?

Hope this helps