Sony vaio vpceb24d wont start when poweer button is clicked.

Closed
Mikaella - Jul 7, 2015 at 10:23 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jul 9, 2015 at 10:05 AM
Hello,
My sony vaio laptop won't open. Theris no green light when I push the power button and no fan sounds or screen coming up. At first this is what happened, it opened when i push the power button when it was on battery only. Then I left my room to get something and when I came back its off again. And thats when I plug the charger but it won't turn on . What to do? Please help I really needit because itsimportant.
I tried pushing the button every now and then but it wouldn't open still. There's no green light or start up sound no indicationof battery charging but it isplugged in. Help pls.

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jul 9, 2015 at 10:05 AM
Hello Mikaella,

So, you say that your laptop doesn't power up when the charger is inserted, but works when it uses only the power of the battery, right? If your laptop is out of warranty you I suggest you to take out the hard drive and try to connect it to another computer through SATA-USB cable. If your hdd spins up on a different PC and it is recognized there, but cannot power up on your laptop, then the problem might be found in the power supply unit on your motherboard not providing enough power to the drive.
I think the best thing to do is to bring it to a technician to check the power connector and/or the power jack center because they might get damaged.

Best of luck.

KY_WD