Seagate Desktop USB 3.0 Issue

Closed
Kayla - Aug 7, 2015 at 08:50 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Aug 10, 2015 at 05:36 AM
Hello,

I have a Seagate Desktop USB 3.0 hard drive. I am no longer able to view my files when its connected to my computer. My computer recognizes that something has been plugged in, but when i go into Devices and Drives it only says Local Disk(I), where as before it would recognize the hard drive. When i click on the Local Disk(I), it acts as if its loading but then freezes up. I have tried to plug the hard drive into my WD player to view pictures but it will no longer recognize it either.

Please help!

Thank you,

Kayla

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Aug 10, 2015 at 05:36 AM
Hi Kayla,

I would recommend you to check the device on another PC and with another USB cable. Is the drive visible in Disk Management? Check its file format and if it a drive letter is assigned. Enter Device Manager and search for the drive under USB devices. Uninstall it, restart the PC and plug the device back in. The OS should reinstall the drivers. Do you have valuable data on the drive? Search for drive manufacturer's diagnostic tool and check the drive.

Hope this helps