Touch pad mouse

Closed
Mimi2233 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2015 - Aug 9, 2015 at 01:30 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 9, 2015 at 05:49 PM
I had problems with letters T and G,on off,for quite a while. I bought a new keyboard and went to a professional IT man who fixes laptops for a living. He opened the laptop and there was lots of dust inside. He cleaned it with a small brush,changed the keyboard but it wouldn't work. The mouse was working as normal. Then I left for an hour and he changed the keyboard successfully,but when I went back the touch-pad laptop mouse was now not working. He told me dust may have got inside (my fault,though it did work after he dusted it off!) or the circuit (inside) got broken and he could do nothing.It is impossible to fix it,according to him.
He charged me for changing the keyboard and gave me an external mouse as if it was all right. I feel terrible that I went to him with a working touch-pad mouse and got out with a broken one. I find it tricky to work with the external mouse and am feeling very down about the whole thing. What may have happened,how and why? I so desperately want my old mouse to work and not to carry the new one around with me.I feel like crying.Last night I woke up several times and wanted to cry.

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Aug 9, 2015 at 04:33 PM
Hello

I suggest that you consult a more competent technician.

You must never clean any computer with a brush or vacuum cleaner because you are sure to damage it. Only compressed air should be used to clean.

Good luck
Mimi2233 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2015
Aug 9, 2015 at 05:29 PM
but what do I do now?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Aug 9, 2015 at 05:49 PM
As I suggested...

Having a problem with a few letters is a recurrent issue with laptop that most competent technicians are familiar with.

You must consult a more competent technician. He cleaned your machine with a brush, something which should never, but never be done. That person did not know what he was doing.

Usually, when a laptop's touch pad and mouse fails, there is a circuit problem and certainly dust has nothing to do with it.

Suggestions:

1. If your laptop is still under warranty, get it repaired by the manufacturer.

2. Consult a better qualified technician as the one you have seen is not trustworthy. (Get references)

3. Ask for a refund from the technician and if necessary, sue him if he damaged your laptop with his brush.

Good luck Mimi

P.S. Please let me know.