Laptop not booting ... suggestions needed

Closed
abhi_00 Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 10, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 10, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015 at 07:54 AM
sanayajefferson Posts 9 Registration date Monday August 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 21, 2015 - Aug 12, 2015 at 07:17 AM
my laptop dell inspiron n5110 is not loading windows on booting.... when power button is pressed it gets lightened up along with the three side buttons ...however the screen appears as blank and nothing appears on it not even boot or set up options .....the ;laptop beeps 3 times continuously and then pauses for some time and then does the same again...... it would b nice if u please suggest something ....what might have happened to it
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 10, 2015 at 11:18 AM
Three beep often indicates a memory problem. I suggest you try reseating the memory modules or running with only one at a time.

Good luck
i tried this what u have suggested above ....but its not working even then
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Aug 12, 2015 at 05:46 AM
Hi abhi and Xpcman

As you see here:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN293445/fr

3 beeps look like a motherboard chipset issue.

I suggest you consult a technician to determine is the issue is related to:

Chipset Error (North and South bridge error
Time-Of-Day Clock test failure
Gate A20 failure
Super I/O chip failure
Keyboard controller failure

Good luck
sanayajefferson Posts 9 Registration date Monday August 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 21, 2015
Aug 12, 2015 at 07:17 AM
When your laptop didn't start properly or cannot show any error or create series of beeps during start-up

1. Create 3 time beep endless looping until user presses the power key to shut down.
2. The differences between each set of beep is 3 sec and delay between each beep is 300ms.
3. After each beep and each set of beeps, the BIOS should detect if the user presses the power button, if so, BIOS will jump out from looping and execute the normal shutdown process and power system.
If your laptop is giving a listed code then please use the fault descriptions below to narrow your possible No Post troubleshooting. This guide will be useful in troubleshooting your issue further.
If the Power LED Blinking Number of fault will be arises
4. Motherboard, covers BIOS corruption or ROM error
5. No Memory (RAM) detected
6. Problem in Motherboard: Chipset

Repetitive Beep Codes

1 Possible motherboard failure - BIOS ROM checksum failure
2 No RAM detected
NOTE: If you installed or replaced the memory module, ensure that the memory module is seated properly
3 Possible motherboard failure - Chipset error
4 RAM read/write failure.
5 Real Time Clock (RTC) power fail
6 Real Time Clock failure
7 Video card or chip failure.
8 Processor failure

If the problem is persist then contact technical support system of Dell