Screen keeps flashing red

Closed
Keizerbuns Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 16, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 16, 2015 - Aug 16, 2015 at 04:34 PM
Keizerbuns Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 16, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 16, 2015 - Aug 16, 2015 at 09:18 PM
Hello,
(to clarify I'm using an ASUS gaming notebook pc G series) last night myself and a couple friends decided to sit out on the deck and watch some tv shows on my deck. It was a little cold but I didn't think it would be too cold for my laptop to handle (maybe around 10 degrees celsius, it had rained earlier that day and the deck we were on was still wet from it). I had my laptop plugged in and charging but the cord was on the still wet deck and the table I had it it on was a little wet too, although I tried the spot I put it on first. We watched for about three hours and the whole time my two friends were smoking cigars and a vapourizer and occasionally blowing the smoke around, sometimes at the screen. After we finished my laptop was a bit cold but it seemed fine. when I got home and opened up my laptop again the screen started flashing red. Sometimes the whole screen would go red (not like a blank red, but like a tinted red), sometimes just some horizontal lines would pop up and sometimes it would last for more than four seconds and it seems to be getting worse. I've tried shutting it off and letting it warm up but that didn't seem to help at all. I'm not sure if it's the cold that may have done this to my laptop or if it could've been the smoke/vapour, or a combination of both. does anyone know what to do or how I can fix it? Or do I need to take it in to get it fixed at a repair shop somewhere? Hopefully someone knows how to fix it. Sorry if it sounded like a lot of rambling, I just wanted to make sure anyone reading this would know everything that happened that may have been a factor in the problem. Thanks in advance.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 16, 2015 at 06:36 PM
Hi there.

Sounds like what may have happened is condensation.

It may have been cold outside but your laptop will have started to get hot, plus the hot vapour being blown onto your laptop (Cold by the temperature) may have caused condensation to happen to.

There is a chance that water droplets may have formed inside your laptop on the hardware causing undesired effects.

You may want to let your computer dry itself out in a dark/warm room for a day or two and see how it goes.

if it isn't condensation that's causing the issue then I would look at updating graphics drivers on your laptop.

Everyone knows that water and electricity don't mix.

I hope you have insurance!
Keizerbuns Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 16, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 16, 2015
Aug 16, 2015 at 09:18 PM
Thank you! I'll try that right away, hopefully it works because I don't have insurance and it's a good laptop! XP