How can I get my Win7 automatically detect my USB memory kingsto

Closed
rdiazp028 Posts 3 Registration date Friday May 8, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 7, 2015 - Sep 7, 2015 at 07:45 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Sep 15, 2015 at 08:00 AM
Hello,

Do not go after applying a method of cleaning virus infection which had added a shortcut to the memory directory too. My memory is a kingston DT101G2. Other usb memory works fine in any port of my laptop

Related:

2 responses

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Sep 10, 2015 at 09:28 AM
Hello rdiazp028,

If the info on the flash is not of a big importance I suggest you to format it.
You have to know which number is your flash drive. I suggest you to go to Disk managment to see how it's shown up there. Then enter these commands in the Command prompt, each followed by Enter:
diskpart
list disk
slect disk # /where # represents the number of your USB/
clean
format fs = FAT32
You can also try this:
1. Open command prompt
2. Type the following: attrib -s -h -r X: /*.* / s / d Then hit "Enter" and wait about 30 seconds Be careful! Respect the spaces between words and script. Change the letter X with that has been assigned to the USB device on your PC (that you can see it in My Computer. It can be anything, depends on each computer.)
3. Finally, browse the flash drive and delete the "RECYCLER" folder and if there is another one called "Autorun" you have to delete that too.

Hope that I helped you.
the problem is I can not implement the procedure because disk adminstrator can not show the memory so, usb memory has not any letter assigned. I do not know if it is a problem only in memory or a problem with the operating system.
Importantly, other USB memories are detected in Disk Manager and they work fine now.
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Sep 15, 2015 at 08:00 AM
Hi again,

Since you say that your other devices work on your machine I assume that everything with the drivers of the USB hub controller is ok.
Have you tried connecting this USB device to another PC? If it is not recognized there even under the BIOS menu of storage, probably might have got damaged and needs replacement.
I would contact the USB flash manufacturer to get some more tips, if I were you.

Cheers.