Windows boot up and monitor displays "no hdmi signal"

Closed
sandrex - Sep 26, 2015 at 04:52 PM
sandrexzen Posts 1 Registration date Saturday September 26, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 28, 2015 - Sep 28, 2015 at 09:14 PM
Hello,

If I turn on my computer after few hours turned off, the Windows boot up while the monitor displays "no hdmi signal". I've to keep it on until five minutes, turn off, turn on and it works fine.

I've tried the following:

- Undone overclock of CPU and GPU. The problem may have started the same month I've started playing with OC! However I didn't let they frying.
- Clear de RAM connector.
- Replace the RAM sticks.
- Use the other two slots and also use a single slot.
- Try to clear the slots with isopropyl alcohol and remove the mobo dust.
- Reinstall CPU. Thermal paste replaced.
- Reset the CMOS. Three methods used (jumper, pop out and BIOS)
- Replaced CMOS batery.
- Clear the graphic card connector.
- Boot using IGP. Setting IGP > PCIE changed in BIOS.
- Replace hdmi cable.
- Use second hdmi port of monitor.
- Check monitor mirroring a tablet with micro hdmi.
- Unplug power cord and hold power button for one minute.
- Look for stuffed capacitors (no experience).
- Put under Sun and use silica gel to remove moisture (fans had water)

Is there anything else I shall try?

2 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Sep 28, 2015 at 03:10 AM
Hi Sandrex,

You have done some impressive job, leaving us with so few things to recommend. If you confirm that the monitor is working fine, there may be a connectivity issue. Is there a chance to connect the monitor to the PC, using the motherboard port, for example the DVI port? In that case, you should disconnect the graphic card or change BIOS settings in order to redirect the signal. If the issue persists, search for some BIOS updates from the motherboard manufacturer's web page. I would confirm that the power supply is working properly.

Hope this helps

sandrexzen Posts 1 Registration date Saturday September 26, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 28, 2015
Sep 28, 2015 at 09:14 PM
Thank you for the reply.

I updated the BIOS today. I've alread tried the motherboard HDMI, but I'll try its VGA port connecting to an old monitor.