Acer Aspire M1610 not letting DVD etc play

Closed
Andy1333 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2015 - Oct 7, 2015 at 08:53 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Oct 7, 2015 at 09:25 PM
Hi, I have an Acer Aspire M1610 PC and it suddenly stop letting me open to place a dvd etc in it to play, so as suggested by a friend I place a pin in the little hole nearby it to open and played a disc in and pushed it closed. But no the disc won't play, dead as a doornail? Wen to control panel to see what to do but cannot see what I click on to help me. Suggested autoplay was not on but how do I check? Not tech savvy so easy answers appreciated :)
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Oct 7, 2015 at 09:25 PM
Hi Andy,

Are you sure you are using a DVD rather than a bluray disk? ... or if its a CD drive then are you trying to run a DVD on it? (in essence - have you watched DVDs on this machine before?). If you are using the wrong disk the drive will not be able to see the disk.

You don't say what operating system you are using. This might help.

First thing to try is open "Computer" from the start button. can you see your DVD drive listed? if so then windows can see the drive.

Next (if you can see the drive) right click on it and there should be an eject option. When you click on this the draw should open. If it doesn't I fear the drive may be broken. Incidentally, where possible, this is always a better approach to opening the drive rather than the pinhole (which should really only be used in emergencies.

If you cant see the drive (in the first step) then windows isn't seeing the drive. It may have come dislodged. can this drive be removed and replaced?

Let me know how you get on up to this point and we will go a bit further depending on what you find.