No hard disk detected ni bios

Closed
ron - Oct 15, 2015 at 02:42 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Oct 16, 2015 at 06:40 AM
Hello,
how can i setup the hard disk into IDE or ACHI if there's advanced mode that i can configure my hard disk?

Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Oct 15, 2015 at 04:12 AM
Hey there, Ron.

You can always chose the SATA mode of your SATA controller, e.g. AHCI, IDE, RAID. Unfortunately I can't give you direct instructions on how to do it as it's different for most BIOS/UEFI versions. I'd recommend that you check the motherboard's user manual. There should be intructions on how to do that.
On the other hand, if the drive is not detected at all, I'd suggest that you try it with a different computer, or at least with different SATA cables and a different SATA port, to see if the same thing happens.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD
sir there's no settings or setup in bios that i can configure my hard drive into IDE or AHCI.can you give a bios update that works or run in dos mode.thanks
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37 > ron
Oct 16, 2015 at 06:40 AM
You should have such an option somewhere, but if you can't find it, I'd suggest that you contact the motherboard manufacturer's customer support and ask for instructions on where to find it and how to switch between SATA modes.
As for the BIOS update, if such is available you should be able to find instructions on how to flash (update) your BIOS, on the motherboard manufacturer's website as well.