After deleting registry value latop not booting up

Closed
GauravK Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 1, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 1, 2015 - Nov 1, 2015 at 11:06 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 5, 2015 at 01:40 PM
Hello,

I have problem with 1TB WD hard disk, it is not getting initialised or laptops are unable to read it. So I tried the below solution which I have found on this forum.

[Solution
  • Click on Start --> Run ---> type diskmgmt.msc and click on OK
  • Right-click on WD Passport Drive --> Select "Change Drive Letter and Paths..." --->
  • Click on "Add" button ---> Select your drive letter and click on OK
  • Note : If the drive letter is already assigned, then try changing the drive letter by clicking on the "Change" button instead of "Add" button in the above step
  • If the problem still persists:
  • Click on Start --> Run --> type regedt32 and click on OK
  • Registry Editor will be opened
  • First backup your registry by going to File --> Export
  • Then expand the following key:
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967- E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
  • If you see any upperfilter or lowerfilters entries at the right side, simply delete them.
  • Close the registry and restart your PC.}

1st solution : in diskmgmt.msc it was not showing up the hard disk. so I went for 2nd solution.

2nd Solution : I have deleted the lowefilter and upperfilter entries.
Now the major problem I am facing is my laptop is not turning on. 1 have tried couple of times. 1st time it show me an error there is something wrong with setting and fixing automatically and them it went to sleep. Now the screen itself is not coming up.
Laptop configuration: Sumsung
model : NP350E5C

Kindly help me on this. Will appreciate your help.

thanks
Gaurav !

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 5, 2015 at 01:40 PM
If you have the Windows DVD you can do a repair. Otherwise, you will need a PC repair shop to reinstall Windows.

Good Luck

P. S. don't mess with the Windows Registry again