-
Registration date
Friday February 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2016
-
Hello,

I started having issues with my laptop yesterday. It would load, I'd sign in and then it would freeze. I ended up finally being able to reset my windows but kept all of my files (I'm a photographer, a few new sessions weren't backed up). It worked well, I was able to backup my files today but was still experiencing the freezing. I freed up all of the space I could (about 260 GB out of 450 GB but still freezing!!! So, I decided to do a restart and see if that would help. Now I'm getting this damn error! I can't bring up the F12 menu to boot from disc. I can't do anything :( I'm freaking out!!! I have so much editing to do. Please help me!!! I've read so many articles and such but nothing has been my exact issue so nothing worked.

2 year old laptop, Lenovo, Windows 8 updated to Windows 10 months ago (clean install).

1 reply

Registration date
Friday February 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2016
Did you have windows CD? which OS you currently have?
Registration date
Friday February 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2016
what happen when you press F12 key?

Did you try any other keyboard to do this?
It freezes on a black screen :( if I don't press anything then it loads to the unmounted error. I've tried the laptop keyboard and a keyboard from a desktop computer.
Registration date
Friday February 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2016
Did you able to enter into safe mode or not even booting into windows?
I can't even boot into Windows :( I either get the blue screen saying error or I get a black screen.
Registration date
Friday February 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2016
1) switch off the pc
2) Remove the cmos battery and Reseat it again
3) switch on the pc
4) Try to access BIOS.