Start up issues

Closed
Jon - Nov 17, 2015 at 10:45 PM
JonBrowne Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday November 17, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 18, 2015 - Nov 18, 2015 at 03:36 PM
Hello,

I have a Acer Aspire 5745, Intel i3, 4gs ram with a 750 gig HD. (graphics and audio cards are by Intel too.)

Here's the problem...
When I press the start button to turn it on as a fresh start or waking it up...
the fan starts, stops and then starts up again and again until finally it is running in high gear and then the computer freezes up. It usually takes me 4 times (or more) to finally get the computer started. After it is started, it runs fine.

The only thing I've done is upgraded the bios to 1.9 (in hopes of resolving the problem) beyond that, I have no idea of what to do to fix this problem.

2 responses

BashirYazbik Posts 58 Registration date Monday November 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2015 14
Nov 17, 2015 at 11:24 PM
Try to buy a new power supply that can handle this upgrade.
I had a PC that had the same issue. I upgraded the power supply and the issue was resolved.
Good luck.
JonBrowne Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday November 17, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 18, 2015
Nov 18, 2015 at 04:54 AM
That hasn't resolved the problem, I am almost certain we did that, but this problem seems to occur while its on battery power too. I got the computer about a year ago and it was doing the same thing then. Even after the bios upgrade. For some reason it eventually stopped. It seemed back then that the problem only occurred after I had went mobile with it and plugged it back in. So I never went mobile with it and never had the problem.
About 2 weeks ago the problem started again and that seemed to have led to a major problem with Windows not being able to boot, I got the error message the Boot Manager wasn't able to find the boot loader for Windows. After trying many different methods to solve that problem, I finally just decided to re-install Windows 7.
So why address this problem now?
Because unlike before, this problem is occurring even though I leave it plugged in. I have taken the laptop to the repair store, and they can't seem to find the problem. They couldn't find anything wrong a year ago when it started happening. It is a reputable company and they're really getting tired of me asking them what the problem is.
JonBrowne Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday November 17, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 18, 2015
Nov 18, 2015 at 03:36 PM
One last detail I would like to add.
It isn't until Windows begins to boot that this problem occurs.
For example; When I power the computer on, it will ask if I want to run start up repair or run Windows normally. This could stay on the screen indefinitely and it would never act up. It's not until I select to run Windows normally that the problem starts.