External Hard drive problem

Closed
Mightymouse - Dec 1, 2015 at 08:55 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Dec 4, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Hello,

Plugged my External Hard drive in (WD my Passport 0830 USB Device)

1. Driver Installed successfully But auto run is not appearing. device does not show up in my computer or disk management but shows up in device manager says i need to trouble shoot it, did that installed updated driver still nothing. tried all the options on the forum nothing changed. any suggestions on how to fix this?

Related:

2 responses

Hey

Thanks for the reply. I ran my Hard drive threw lifeguard diagnostics and nothing changed but did find out that my hard drive is showing 0mb capacity
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Dec 4, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Hello again and sorry for the delay.
What was the result of the extended test with the DLG? Did it show any errors?
I couldn't read what happened when you plugged it to another PC and with other cables, can you share results please?
If that didn't work, you could try accessing your external drive through Linux Live CD. If the data is not so important and could be easily retrieved, I would suggest you to completely erase the drive and reinitialize it.

Good luck. I wish you to have a pleasant weekend.
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Dec 1, 2015 at 11:00 AM
Hello Mightymouse,

I'm sorry for that problem that you have with our product. It is interesting, if you boot your PC into BIOS menu, is the drive being recognized through the USB ports or not?
I would like also to ask you if you have already connected it to another PC, does it show correctly there? If it's being recognized and working properly, can you please check it with our tool Data LifeGuard Diagnostics? You can download the free software from here: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=teCX2e
Have you tried to connect the My passport with another USB cable to another USB port of your computer? There could be an issue with a specific USB port.

Please, keep me posted with the result of the tests. Thank you.