My Drive E: shown as empty but contains files.

Solved/Closed
ridwanrf Posts 6 Registration date Saturday 19 December 2015 Status Member Last seen 23 December 2015 - 19 Dec 2015 à 00:26
ridwanrf Posts 6 Registration date Saturday 19 December 2015 Status Member Last seen 23 December 2015 - 22 Dec 2015 à 23:29
Hey I'm new here, and I really really need some help.
I got a problem with my drive, I found out that my drive E: folders was hidden and then I did this command
attrib -h -r -s /s /d E:\*.*
unfortunately it didnt work, it said something like "The target of the symbolic link E:\......\somefolders doesn't exist"

Thanks for viewing this thread,

Happy Weekend.
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday 6 June 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 16 July 2020
20 Dec 2015 à 00:06
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on Start --> In search box, type control folders and press Enter.

"Folder Options" will be opened. Click on the "View" tab.

Now select the option "Show hidden files, folders or drives"

and uncheck the check box "Hide protected operating system files" -->

Click on "OK" button.

Now look for your files in your E- drive.

Later undo the changes you have made by once again going to "Folder

Options" --> Click on "View" tab and click on "Restore Defaults" button -->

Click on "OK".

Good Luck
ridwanrf Posts 6 Registration date Saturday 19 December 2015 Status Member Last seen 23 December 2015
22 Dec 2015 à 23:29
Thanks jack, it actually worked.