Pc keeps re booting.

Closed
Liz - Dec 25, 2015 at 04:34 PM
 Liz - Jan 4, 2016 at 02:19 PM
I did a factory restore on my hp desktop pc after installing windows 10 and then I clicked yes to install updates. Next thing I know the pc was restarting, but kept on re starting and then the monitor stopped working. I can still hear pc restarting, but can't see anything because the display does not work.
Related:

2 responses

john3361 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday January 2, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 2, 2016 2
Jan 2, 2016 at 08:30 AM
This happens as windows 10 tries to install updates automatically even in sleep mode and restarts itself. Here is a solution to this weird problem.

Step 1 – Search Task Scheduler in the windows 10 taskbar.

Step 2 – Browse to the following location path from the left menu.

Task Scheduler Library –> Microsoft –> Windows –> UpdateOrchestrator

Now, Double click on Reboot as shown in the pic below. Click on conditions tab and then uncheck the option which says wake the computer to run this task.
https://thegeekpage.com/prevent-windows-10-rebooting-in-sleep-mode-to-install-update/
Thank you John3361! I can't see anything because my monitor does not display anything. I wasn't getting beep codes, so I started f-ollowing a you tube video and I got taking the RAM sticks out. I got 3 short beeps I know that it is obviously because of the RAM being removed so what does that have to do with the monitor not working... I'm confused. I already tried the battery removal and clearing the info. Please help. Thank you in advance!
If there is anyone that has an option for getting my monitor to work, I would then be able to follow all of this excellent advice. Please help. PS I have tried new cables a different monitor HDMI to my TV all of that. I was going to try to gain remote access, but since I can't see the display, I don't know where to go/start. Also, I have already tried holding the windows button and tapping "p" no luck.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Dec 26, 2015 at 03:23 PM
It you reverted to Windows 7 then you can start the computer using the Windows 7 DVD or a Windows 7 Repair CD. You then select the Repair option and hope that it can do it's job.

The next option is to reinstall Windows 7 from scratch using a Windows 7 Retail or OEM DVD.

Good Luck
Thank you for responding so quickly. The problem is that my monitor will not work. It doesn't matter what I connect it to, nothing will display. Is there something that I can type upon start up or will the disc automatically run?