Acer aspire 3820 t (ms2992) screen black

Closed
kannanayak Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 28, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 28, 2015 - Dec 28, 2015 at 07:42 AM
mijpnl Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 16, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 22, 2016 - Jun 22, 2016 at 04:24 AM
when i turn on my laptop screen didt work , but other lights working . my laptop work after i turn off it by pressing power button (after numerous time ) . it stuck again when i restart it . how to fix
Related:

3 responses

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Dec 30, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Hello kannanayak,

In situations like this it's recommended connecting the laptop to an external monitor to see will there be any video signal going out from the laptop. If it does go out, then there's a need for LCD inverter replacement. If there's nothing showing either on external monitor nor display, but the fans are still working, the problem that you have may be due to the failure of the video chip. Sometimes, after much of a use and less cooling the graphics processor which is responsible for video signal transmission get unsolders, the thermic paste goes away and it gets unsoldered, therefore the screen doesn't show anything. If you possess knowledge of notebooks' hardware you can change the paste yourself by opening the laptop and check if the chipset that is next to the processor has got unsoldered or you can bring your laptop to a technician to get it soldered again.

Hope that helps.
mijpnl Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 16, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 22, 2016
Jun 16, 2016 at 06:12 AM
Hi,

I have dark screen problem too. My Acer 3820 screen was changed a year after purchase in Japan, just when guaranty had finished. Searching though internet now I think it may have not been necessary to change. Anyway, it worked 4 years and then suddenly from time to time screen was getting dark and then back again until it went dark for good.
I can see through the display when I use external light or turn towards light window. I can use it without any problem with HDMI on external monitor, usually TV. It works all well with current Windows 10. It`s just the screen.
I want to try BIOS but the latest update was in 2010 and there are so many files that I have no idea which one to pick up for Flash BIOS.
Attached screenshots

Can you help me please?

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jun 22, 2016 at 03:03 AM
Hello mijpnl,

If you can see the desktop or you can work on an external monitor, then probably the fault is within the laptop's display itself. There are many options to update the BIOS but, please make sure that you have a backup of your existing BIOS version prior to the update. You can make the changes when you boot your laptop and enter the BIOS. Depending on the type of BIOS that you have and the motherboard manufacturer you can find the update option within different submenus of the BIOS. My advice is to contact directly the manufacturer of the motherboard for further assistance. If that doesn't help, bring your lappy to a technician.

Good luck!
mijpnl Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 16, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 22, 2016
Jun 22, 2016 at 04:24 AM
Thank you for reply.
I decided to give to repair shop. My Acer was bought in 2011 for only €450 in Japan that time and I`m happy with it. Inverter change cost €100, which is cheaper than buying in Europe the same class laptop these days for €800 or more. Japan became expensive too.