No connection to wireless

Closed
ianhan Posts 1 Registration date Sunday January 10, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2016 - Jan 10, 2016 at 08:22 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 10, 2016 at 08:51 PM
Hi Team,
My house has just changed our I.S.P. from Spark to Orchon. Previously I had wireless connection. With this new provider I can only connect with a cable. The Technician who came to our house said it was a likely problem with my computer. When I checked the wireless network it said wireless adaptor not connected. Unfortunately there is no obvious method of turning it on. I am not a high tech. computer person say maybe I am missing the obvious? Your informed assistance will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ian

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jan 10, 2016 at 08:51 PM
I assume your NEW modem has an integrated wifi router. So you need to log onto the router and set the wifi ID and passkey. You can make it identical to previous settings and then your computer will not need to change anything. Otherwise, you will need to search for the new wifi ID and inter the new security passkey.

We will need to know the computer make and model (and version of Windows) in order to recommend any wifi adapter settings.

Good Luck