Cannot see my drives while installition

Closed
daaanish - Jan 10, 2016 at 11:52 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 11, 2016 at 02:47 AM
Hello,
My pc is not loading windows 10.Error was pc was unable to load files.I tried installing again win 10 by usb stick.while installation of windows 10 we will be directed to, in which drive win 10 should be installed.There i cannot find any of my drive to install.I tried refresh drive still i couldn't find.I tried Load drive. In that it is showing option to select the boot Drive.Options were CD drive,Removable disk,win 10(currently am using).Please help me find My Drives.

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 11, 2016 at 02:47 AM
Hi Daaanish,

Are you trying to install Windows on a desktop PC? I would recommend you to open BIOS and check if the drives are listed there. If the drives are not listed in BIOS, I recommend you to restore BIOS to its defaults and check again. If possible, open the case and change hard drive cables and ports. Try disconnecting all hard drives but one.
It would be nice, if you check them drives on another PC, connected as secondary drives. If they are missing even on another PC, you should think about replacing them, but I believe you won’t need to. Having multiple hard drives failing simultaneously is really rare and may indicate a motherboard or a power supply issue. I believe your problem is related to connectivity.

Hope this helps