WD PASSPORT external drive not working

Closed
PRATAP RANE - Jan 27, 2016 at 09:44 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 28, 2016 at 03:27 AM
Hello,

Hi
My Western Digital is not getting detected which was working 2 days ago Suddenly this was not detected and following is happening after connecting in my laptop
a) Light appearing on the drive.
b) Hearing sound from the drive.
c) I can go until the remark appears as " Do You Want to allow this app to make changes to your PC?
AFTER ENTERING yes I get a response as "Your Drive is now Unlocked -
After clicking on "Exit" there is no further response.
d) My Passport 931 GB, WX11A63A8173

Kindly guide.

Please communicate address and contact no of nearest Service Centre in Mumbai/ THANE

Thank you
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 28, 2016 at 03:27 AM
Hi Pratap Rane,

I am sorry for any inconveniency caused by your WD My Passport. Is the LED on the drive blinking? How can you describe the noises coming from the drive? Is it like spinning noises, like scratching metal or like tack-tack-tack?
Do you have important data on the drive? I strongly recommend you to check the drive on another PC and with another USB cable. Is the drive visible in Disk Management and in Device Manager? If you find the drive in Device Manager, uninstall it and restart the PC. Plug the drive back in and try to access it.
If you need the contacts of the nearest Service Center, please contact the WD support and they will provide you that information.
http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=05xAwc – WD Support contacts

Hope this helps