Left mouse key

Closed
Jhan - Jan 27, 2016 at 07:37 PM
Jhanchit Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 27, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 27, 2016 - Jan 27, 2016 at 08:51 PM
Hello,

I have an Asus Notebook with Windows 8.0 an my left mouse key has not been working on and off for the last two weeks. Sometimes I have to press so hard just to open or close something I'm doing. I have tried the Asus website, but cannot find an answer. My touchpad and mouse keys are all in one.

I read an answer to someone else who had the same laptop, but uses Vista and the suggestion was made to use a pin to lift the sides of the left mouse key and use compressed air to clean the dust and to make sure to lift all sides.

However, with mine, it's all in one. Would I lift all four corners of the touchpad and use compressed air?

ANY Help would be sincerely appreciated.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jan 27, 2016 at 08:30 PM
No you can't lift any part of the touchpad. To do so will damage it.
Can you recommend "what to do"? I've tried some of the other solutions to different laptops, i.e. remove battery for ten seconds; hold power key for ten seconds; Also, another recommendation from 2010 was to change my mouse settings to a slower pace an once you do that, then dbl click the folder. If it opens your mouse should be okay, otherwise reduce the speed lower if it doesn't open. I've done all the above tonight.

It only happens when I'm using my laptop a great deal. Seems to fine sometimes and then there's the "having to hold it down very hard in order to close or open something".

Technology is nice, but the glitches will get cha.....

Any insight into a permanent fix xpcman? You must have skills with a handle like that, cause I sure don't..... not good.
Jhanchit Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 27, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 27, 2016
Jan 27, 2016 at 08:51 PM
Can you recommend "what to do"? I've tried some of the other solutions to different laptops, i.e. remove battery for ten seconds; hold power key for ten seconds; Also, another recommendation from 2010 was to change my mouse settings to a slower pace an once you do that, then dbl click the folder. If it opens your mouse should be okay, otherwise reduce the speed lower if it doesn't open. I've done all the above tonight.

It only happens when I'm using my laptop a great deal. Seems to fine sometimes and then there's the "having to hold it down very hard in order to close or open something".

Technology is nice, but the glitches will get cha.....

Any insight into a permanent fix xpcman? You must have skills with a handle like that, cause I sure don't..... not good.