Identify Value "O/B", If True search column for "/"

Closed
N_Ivers - Feb 23, 2016 at 07:18 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Feb 25, 2016 at 10:55 AM
Hello,

Im trying to make a break list to be active on a daily basis in a workplace, currently it works immacutely but i have hit a speedbump in coding a situation that happens regularly, essentially i want to move someone into a different break group if they take an early break ie the group of staff that are currently on break.

Essentially, i need a macro or IF statement that identifies if "O/B" (Own Break) is entered on the sheet, when found to be true search for the nearest (up or down) "/" (Staff member on break) and insert the whole row the O/B staff member occupies to a new row above or below or essentially into the section in which the group of staff are on break.

So i need to Identify "O/B" search for "/" in the same column, identify x rows to reinsert the the row "O/B" was found on.

Thanx in Advance
Related:

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Feb 25, 2016 at 10:55 AM
Hi N_Ivers,

Could you provide some sample data (how it is now and how you want it to be) to get a clearer picture of what you are after?

Best regards,
Trowa

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday are usually the days I'll respond. Bear this in mind when awaiting a reply.