WD External Hard drive no display

Closed
Tehmas - Feb 27, 2016 at 01:12 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Feb 29, 2016 at 02:46 AM
Hello,

I am having a problem with my WD External Drive. I cant see the display but it running fine without having any noise the moment I plug it off it says format the drive ? Please help and thanks

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Feb 29, 2016 at 02:46 AM
Hi Tehmas,

I am sorry for any inconveniency caused by the WD drive. Could you check if the drive is recognized in Disk Management with its correct file format and drive letter? I strongly recommend you to try the drive on another PC and with another USB cable. Do you have important data on the drive? Try opening the Command Prompt and using the chkdsk D: /f command where D must be drive letter of the hard drive. If you have no important data on the drive, format it and download Data Lifeguard Diagnostic from the link below. Use it to check the drive’s condition. Let me know if there is any progress.

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=wpWrpB – Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows

Hope this helps