Computer won't start with router on
Closed
FerdyBoy
Posts
2
Registration date
Thursday 16 April 2009
Status
Member
Last seen
17 April 2009
-
17 Apr 2009 à 06:56
FerdyBoy Posts 2 Registration date Thursday 16 April 2009 Status Member Last seen 17 April 2009 - 17 Apr 2009 à 10:02
FerdyBoy Posts 2 Registration date Thursday 16 April 2009 Status Member Last seen 17 April 2009 - 17 Apr 2009 à 10:02
Related:
- Computer won't start with router on
- Start up sound changer - Download - Customization
- Start teamviewer with windows - Guide
- Start survey online free - Download - Horror
- Linksys router password not working - Guide
- How to connect to router - Guide
2 responses
hollow21
Posts
11
Registration date
Wednesday 24 September 2008
Status
Member
Last seen
12 May 2009
5
17 Apr 2009 à 08:25
17 Apr 2009 à 08:25
hi,
you need to disable boot from LAN in the BIOS settings.
disconnect the network cable, boot the computer.
press the F2 button repeatedly as soon as you press the computer switch.
this will bring you to the BIOS menu.
go to boot menu and disable boot from LAN.
you need to disable boot from LAN in the BIOS settings.
disconnect the network cable, boot the computer.
press the F2 button repeatedly as soon as you press the computer switch.
this will bring you to the BIOS menu.
go to boot menu and disable boot from LAN.
FerdyBoy
Posts
2
Registration date
Thursday 16 April 2009
Status
Member
Last seen
17 April 2009
17 Apr 2009 à 10:02
17 Apr 2009 à 10:02
Thanks for your reply.
I went into the system boot menu, but there is no option for disabling "boot from LAN". The only option there is to disable the LAN completely on boot up, which when I select that option, I have no internet connecting at all when it boots. Any other suggestions?
Another symptom---when I shut down the computer completely, the Ethernet light on the router begins a slow flash on and off--which can be clearly heard like a heartbeat through the speakers. Maybe its a router setting? I can get into the router menu if there is something there that needs to be changed.
Thanks again---and please don't give up on me. I really want to fix this---it is a pain having to unplug the router ever time I need to cold restart the machine.
Thanks,
FerdyBoy
I went into the system boot menu, but there is no option for disabling "boot from LAN". The only option there is to disable the LAN completely on boot up, which when I select that option, I have no internet connecting at all when it boots. Any other suggestions?
Another symptom---when I shut down the computer completely, the Ethernet light on the router begins a slow flash on and off--which can be clearly heard like a heartbeat through the speakers. Maybe its a router setting? I can get into the router menu if there is something there that needs to be changed.
Thanks again---and please don't give up on me. I really want to fix this---it is a pain having to unplug the router ever time I need to cold restart the machine.
Thanks,
FerdyBoy