PC sound volume is low [Solved/Closed]

JuliaNell - Apr 17, 2009 at 03:46 AM - Latest reply: NipomitaMoitra 1 Posts Friday January 26, 2018Registration date January 26, 2018 Last seen
- Jan 26, 2018 at 02:51 AM
Hello,
Hi there, I think I have a problem with my sound card, my PC volume is quite low and im sure it has nothing to do with the speakers because they are new. I checked my volume options and their on maximum. Is there a virus making my PC sound low?
See more 

28 replies

Best answer
DonQ 2 Posts Friday April 2, 2010Registration date April 2, 2010 Last seen - Apr 2, 2010 at 05:48 AM
Thank you
Yes,probably

In windows7 go to Sounds>goto Playback>
Pick speakers as output device
Goto Properties>At Levels check if is set at 100%>
Goto Enhancments>enable Loudness Equalisation>
Apply
Should be much louder now...

For little further enhancment ,
and If you have HD realtek soundmanager (R2.37) in your Control
try a equalizer setting like Classic

Hope this helped,
DonQ

Thank you, DonQ 321

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1811 users this month

You made my life much better :D
NipomitaMoitra 1 Posts Friday January 26, 2018Registration date January 26, 2018 Last seen - Jan 26, 2018 at 02:51 AM
Thank You so much.You saved my exams!!! :D
ibn Alhazred - Jul 20, 2010 at 03:26 PM
Thank you
My computer suddenly got this low sound -problem and I tried literally everything to bring the sound levels back to normal. Then I noticed that (for some very mystic and strange reason) the sound levels were normal if I plugged my speakers in the front jack of the computer and something in the rear jack. Now I keep broken headphones in the rear jack to keep the problem away. Strange, but it works for me.
Thank you
I have the same problem.. I used the same drivers,, even I download the sound driver in the manufacturers website, one thing I observe when I install windows xp volume is much higher than windows 7.

i tried 2 laptops acer aspire a one, Windows XP & windows 7 installed and iwas correct volume I higher than windows 7..

Anyone knows how to resolve this case?
Thank you
hi..would u help in solving my problem..my pc is semens fujutsu..the sound is low when I play something but it does well when I use the headset.
thank u
Thank you
Thats dude... wonderful!!

yea Front jacks works while rear doesnt.. peculiar though..!
Thank you
Just reinstall the sound drivers with the cd...
We have the same problem, whats the name of the cd do you need to use?
i too have the same problem in ma leaptop after windows 7 was installed.. what to do??
andygrt.cz 9 Posts Monday September 22, 2008Registration date May 11, 2009 Last seen - Apr 17, 2009 at 07:27 AM
Thank you
hi,
right-click on the small speaker in the taskbar and select Adjust Audio Properties.
under the Volume tab, click on Advance.
there, you will find a lot of volume controls