Hp laptop wont turn

Closed
rdwjr219 - Mar 14, 2016 at 03:35 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Mar 17, 2016 at 04:11 AM
Hello,

when i tried to get on my laptop this morning it wouldn't turn on. it worked perfectly last night.

i tried taking the battery out and unplugging the ac and leaving it out for an hour
tried let it charge for an hour
tried booting it up without the battery and only power coming from the ac cord.
i even tried holding down the power button for a minute twice once plugging it back into the ac power outlet and turning it on and leaving it out fore an hour and plugging it back in.
none of thoes things i tried worked

the charing light is on when i have the ac cord pluged in and is colored white. when i try to turn it on the light slowly blink and sometimes is on for a few seconds,the power and hdd light comes on for a few seconds, and i hear some noise coming from inside but stops a second or 2 later. also nothing comes up on the screen even when its hooked up via hdmi.
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Mar 15, 2016 at 11:32 AM
Hello rdwjr219,

I'm sorry to tell you that, but I suspect a motherboard failure. If you can't turn on your laptop the issue could be related to the power supply block. However, it won't hurt if you try to change the CMOS battery located on the motherboard, if you have another one. Maybe the one that you're having has been exhausted completely. The laptop CMOS battery is round, tiny and silver, looking like the batteries for a watch.
Please return to the topic to tell me what happened with the test afterwards.

Hope I gave you an idea.
Just replaced the cmos battery,and it changed nothing.
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > Rdwjr219
Mar 17, 2016 at 04:11 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. You should go to a PC technician to give you advice how to proceed further. Good luck.