Left button (not touch pad, the actual button) broken physically

Closed
Joe - Mar 30, 2016 at 01:43 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 31, 2016 at 01:18 PM
Hello,

Dell Laptop Inspirion M731R-5735
The Actual button clicks weird. It still functions on the screen, like it will still click, but it feels like it will soon not work. I'm not good with computers AT ALL, but I think there is some support underneath the left and right buttons. The left will get clicked and not come up. Maybe that support snapped or cracked?
Oh, and if you click in the middle of the button it wont go down, just the left and right side. I can pop it back up with a knfe, but its not good because it just goes limp again the next time i click on the left or right side of the button.
Sorry this was long and terribly written, but I'm just not good with computers. This is a physical problem. The computer is NOT on warranty any more, it expired I think. THANK YOU. I don't even know if this is fixable without getting a whole new keyboard/laptop...
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 31, 2016 at 01:18 PM
I suspect you will need to buy a new keyboard.

Good luck