No device? hi all was hopeing someone could h

Closed
jim - Apr 20, 2009 at 07:03 AM
jimdanewb Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 20, 2009 - Apr 20, 2009 at 03:41 PM
Hello,
i was just wondering could any one help out a 'newb' , i dont kno if i deleted it or if i got an update that was not compatable? but now i have no sound (apart from bleep when i do somthng wrong)
when i go into contrl panel and go into 'sounds and audio devices' its says i have NO audio devices...
i have A CONPAQ PRESARIO with AMD 64 ATHLON its on windows XP (and as far as i kno it was the 3bundle/package) . so please please please if anyone can help I WILL GRANT YOU THREE WISHES!!
ok so i cant do that .... but i would be very greatfulllll.
thanks in advance.
jim

2 responses

veyron12 Posts 6 Registration date Saturday October 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 1
Apr 20, 2009 at 10:28 AM
hi,
try this link to get all the drivers you need for your computer:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/
Try to give more details about the problem in the first part of the post.
jimdanewb Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 20, 2009
Apr 20, 2009 at 03:41 PM
THANKS VERY MUCH VEYRON12. its a 'presario sr 1000' product no' EK335AA-ABU. AMD 64 Athlon is the 'yolkiebus' thing.. The 'S/N' number is CZX5450VH8. I dont know/think that no' is relavent? but there it is anyway .
I going to look again on that link you gave me(i think/hope im narrowing it down......)
any other comments are more than welcome.
oh yes, how it happened , im not quite sure , all i kno is that i have no sound what so ever not even little speaker symbol on tool bar anymore ? no sound from the drives(dvds) no sound from watching stuf on web, no sound from itunes , when i go into 'sound and audio devices' and click 'volume' it says 'no audio device'.
i dont know if i accidently deleted the sound card? or sound device? or whatever its called ... but i dont seem to have a divice to play sound!
thanks again.
jim