Laptop cant open any drives(C or D or E)

Closed
monkey - Apr 6, 2016 at 04:47 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Apr 7, 2016 at 10:09 AM
Hello, I can open my laptop. it will opened. but i cant open any drives(C or D or E) it will search for long time to retrieve the data from the drives. and after some time it will get hanged and I can do nothing.
Pls help me
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Apr 7, 2016 at 10:09 AM
Hello monkey,

In order to be able to help you in a better way, I need you to provide me with more details regarding your PC configuration. Are the C, D and E drives a separate storage units or are they partitions of one only drive?
the disk might need desfragmentation if it hasn't been done recently. Have you checked it for malware and viruses? You could try to check what process occupies most of the RAM while trying to access the drives by going into the Task Manager. The other option is to scan the HDD with a diagnostics tool designed by the drive's manufacturer. With this tool you could check the S.M.A.R.T. status of the drive and, eventually, repair errors if any. When you do that, check the drive with the following command entered in the Command prompt: chkdsk /r and press Enter. This command must be executed in Administrator's mode /i.e. elevated mode/.

Let me know if that helps. Cheers.