My laptop shuts off automatically while working

Closed
vel - Apr 19, 2016 at 08:27 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Apr 19, 2016 at 11:16 AM
Hello,

My RAM is 2GB. I have recently replaced my 320GB internal hard drive with 1TB hard drive. After replacing my lap went shuuting down suddenly for many times while I was working in it. I don't know what is the reason.please suggest some solutions.

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Apr 19, 2016 at 11:16 AM
Hello vel,

Have you checked within the manual of your product whether the 1 TB drive was compatible with the motherboard, I mean if that capacity was supported? How do you work on your laptop? Are you working with the cable plugged constantly in or are you working on the battery?
Please, revise the power management options of the laptop. You can see the settings in the Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> Power options> Change power-savng settings. Check if some kind of "eco" mode has been enabled and if so, return it to Balanced mode or Maximum performance.
Also, check whether the fan is spinning correctly and the CPU has the proper temperature. You could do that by using some programs that are on the Internet.

Hope I gave you some ideas. Good luck.