Notebook won't boot after BIOS Rollback, WiFi key blinks orange

Closed
Chuma Umenze - Apr 19, 2016 at 09:46 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 19, 2016 at 04:45 PM
Hello,

My HP 250 G2 F0Z26EA#BH5 Notebook won't boot. It has the WiFi key blinking orange light at 2 sec interval and not booting and won't power off even when pressing and holding power key. It all happened after a Bios Rollback (wanted to move back to the original Bios) The HP Tech team couldn't help solve the problem. They say it's a motherboard problem that I'll have to change my motherboard. I know that changing a motherboard costs a fortune, it's like changing a system and I cannot afford the cost. Another thing is that I have a BIOS Encryption, I added a Bios password to the System both Administrator and Power-on Password. The troubleshooting steps like removing all power source, then pressing and holding power key for 15-20secs and after plug Power cord without battery didn't work. I've also tried holding Windows key + B and then Power on. The System didn't boot but they WiFi key light remained steady. Now the last Agent that called asked me to keep pressing F8 key or Shift+F8 key immediately I pressed the Power button. I am yet to try this but I forgot to tell her that I have a BIOS Encryption (well she asked me but I wasn't sure what she was talking about so I said No).
I cannot afford to change the motherboard (even though they haven't given me a quote yet). I planning on selling the System for a new one before this.
Please help me get the Notebook operational. I need to get back to work with it.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,829
Apr 19, 2016 at 04:45 PM
A failure when changing the BIOS programming can result in on option other than replacing either the BIOS chip or the entire motherboard if the chip is soldered to the MB. Your computer is now only useful for spare parts.

Sometimes when you play with fire you get burned.