Seagate 2 tera

Closed
john - Apr 21, 2016 at 10:44 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Apr 25, 2016 at 03:01 AM
Hello,
i need help with my seagate external hard disk when I plug it on my laptop its showing local disk and I got almost nearly full of my stuff on it dont wanna loose please help.

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Apr 21, 2016 at 10:50 AM
Has it worked on your laptop before?
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Apr 25, 2016 at 03:01 AM
Hi John,

Have you found a solution for the problem? I strongly recommend you to search for the drive in Disk Management and check if it has a drive letter and a file format. If there is no letter assigned, right click on the drive and try to assign one. If there is no format or it is shown as RAW, I recommend you to check the drive on another PC and with another USB cable. Do not try to format or initialize the drive. Check for some data recovery tools in the Downloads section of this forum:
https://ccm.net/download/file-management-53/windows/

Furthermore, try booting from a Linux Live copy. It is free to download and no installation is required. There is a high possibility that Linux may recognize the drive and the files. If you manage to save the files, format the drive and check its condition with the drive manufacturer´s diagnostic tool

Hope this helps