My hard disk is not showing up in computer

Closed
SPCRi07 - May 16, 2016 at 09:18 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - May 17, 2016 at 02:56 AM
Hello,

Hard disk:-transcend 25m3
Utility:-transcend utility

I have 1tb external hard disk and it works fine before today.. When i insert my hard disk in my computer its detected and scanned by quick heal too.. But when i want to open hard disk drive it doesn't open just a green line fillup in addressbar and after that i searched internet they told me that i have to use hard disk utility its not work but when i run it hard disk drive opened but i can't copy files please help

Email:***@***

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
May 17, 2016 at 02:56 AM
Hi SPCRi07,

I would recommend you to open Disk Management and check if the drive is recognized there. Does it have a correct file format? If the drive has a drive letter, open Command Prompt and use the following command:
Chkdsk D: /f

You need to change D with the hard drive´s drive letter. If the process is completed, try to access the files. I strongly recommend you to check the drive on another PC and with another USB cable. Let me know if there is any progress!

Hope this helps