Blank screen on Asus laptop after a fall

Closed
Beecubed Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday May 17, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2016 - May 17, 2016 at 04:04 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 17, 2016 at 12:39 PM
Hello,

I have some ideas on what has happened to my laptop but would like someone with more tech experience to possibly confirm this for me..

So yesterday my laptop was on the coffee table and was resting with its back pointing towards the centre of the table and its front peering off the edge. When it fell to the ground with a small crash, I looked down and saw that it had fallen and was still sitting horizontally off the ground with the lid slightly open and the back of the laptop up in the air.. so that the front had braced all that impact.

Upon inspection the screen was blank (it had been set to duplicate mode so should have been displaying fine). The laptop itself still runs perfectly fine as can be seen through external monitor.

It has remained blank no matter how many start ups and resets I've done.. on a few occasions I've physically pressed down on the edge of the display with my fingers and the whole picture flashes on for a fraction of a second before it's completely blank again.

Does anybody have a good idea of what the problem is and how to fix this? Is this doable for a tech newbie like myself or should I take to repair shops? Even then I would like to know what is wrong with this display. I'd like to avoid replacing the whole screen if I can help it.

Please help..

Thanks!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 17, 2016 at 12:39 PM
You need a repair shop to do the repair. You will probably need to replace the screen.

Good Luck