I would like to upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista Home Serv Pac2

Solved/Closed
Eriq1972 Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 20, 2016 - May 20, 2016 at 07:01 AM
 Anonymous User - Jun 8, 2016 at 06:34 PM
Greeting Everyone!
This is my first time doing anything like this, so please forgive me if I fail to meet protocol.
I have been unhappy with Microsoft for quite some time now due to the lack of support i believe I have received regarding various products I have supported. Microsoft appears to be unwilling to help me even though I lost my new computer among other important items in an office fire. Therefore I pulled my Dell Inspiron 1545 out of storage. It is all I have to use and I am trying to find employment utilizing this laptop. Not having Windows 7 is causing me some frustration while trying to operate certain programs. The Anytime upgrade is no longer available for Vista so this is what I need according to Microsoft's system check:

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Report
Computer Name:
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
CPU: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz
Memory: 4.0 GB
System Details
Upgrade options available You can upgrade to 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium or Ultimate.
Go online to get detailed instructions on how to upgrade

Windows Mail and Parental Controls (Web Filtering) These features are no longer included in Windows 7. You can get similar programs for Windows 7 from other software manufacturers.
Go to the Microsoft website to learn more

More info from Dell Inc. Dell Inc. has a website that might give you more information about getting Windows 7 running on your PC.
Visit the Dell Inc. website

CPU speed: 2.0 GHz Your CPU meets the 1 GHz minimum requirement.
4.0 GB of RAM Your PC meets the 2 GB minimum requirement.
134.9 GB free space available on C: Your hard disk meets the minimum requirement of 20 GB free space for 64-bit Windows 7.

Devices Status Details
Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
Marvell Action recommended Before installing Windows 7, go to the device manufacturer's website to download the latest driver for this device. After installing Windows 7, install the saved driver.

Programs Status Details
Adobe AIR
version 1.0.4990
Adobe Systems Inc. Free update available We don't have compatibility information about this version of the program.
Get a free update to a compatible version

Dell Video Chat
version 6.0 (6567)
SightSpeed Inc. Known issues You may experience issues running this program on Windows 7. Before upgrading, we recommend uninstalling this program.
Roxio Creator DE
version 10.1
Roxio Paid update available We don't have compatibility information about this version of the program.
Get a paid update to a compatible version

I cannot afford to spend any money so i desperately need to get these issues handled so I can format my resume and apply for work.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 20, 2016 at 01:34 PM
Sorry there is no free way to upgrade.
Ok, just thought I'd give it a shot.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.
Anonymous User
Jun 8, 2016 at 06:34 PM
CAN YOU FIX IT FOR ME ..PLEASE. WINDOWS VISTA IS NOT GENUINE