Dell laptop not working

Closed
Cherryl - May 22, 2016 at 06:22 PM
 Cherryl - Jun 19, 2016 at 02:30 PM
Hello,
For several days I got"not responding" messages often. Now no response when trying to put in password to Restore.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 22, 2016 at 10:16 PM
More information is needed. When or where are you getting the "not responding"? Is it one particular program? Two programs or ANY program? How much RAM (memory) do you have? What Operating System and bit version do you have? What programs or how many programs do you have open when this happens?

We can't really provide any suggestions or even guesses based on what you posted.
cherpdx48 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday May 22, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2016
May 23, 2016 at 12:08 AM
Thanks for the response. I've got plenty of memory, upgraded to Windows10 last year and think its 64bit. The issue may be fixed as I was finally able to do a Restore back a couple of weeks and it seems to be working now. But I was getting the message no matter what I was doing, on both Chrome and Edge. Earlier today (before the restore) I couldn't even get the Start to come up. Which leads to another question.... If I do need to Reset to Factory settings, will I be able to get Windows 10 back? It originally came with 8 .... would it "know" to upgrade to 10? Thanks for all the help you guys provide!
Unfortunately, I am still having this issue. I took it to Office Depot for a free checkup and was advised to delete some unused programs, which I did. It is still happening, even with only McAfee and Chrome running, with just or two tabs open. It's happening sometimes to my husband, on his laptop, so maybe a problem with xfinity internet. When not getting the "not responding" message, internet really fast.