Audio keeps shutting off (Windows 10)

Closed
SilverClouds Posts 1 Registration date Saturday July 30, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 31, 2016 - Jul 31, 2016 at 01:28 PM
TWolfz Posts 1 Registration date Sunday July 31, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2016 - Aug 1, 2016 at 01:01 PM
Hello,

Okay, this is gonna be a long post...

I've been dealing with a pretty weird issue on my PC, and I'm pretty sure it started ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago, from WIndows 8.1.

Whenever I'm using my headphones, if I try to do anything that requires audio, such as listening to a song or iTunes or watching a video either on Youtube on my PC, nine out of ten times I get a brief static noise and the audio disappears completely. My PC still acts as if my headphones are connected, and they show up as normal on my playback devices. I just don't get any sound.

When this happens, if I drag the sliders on my volume mixer back and forth or switch back and forth between different sample frequencies, the audio will come back after a minute or so. Sometimes, though very rarely, the audio will come back as well if I try to watch a another video. Both of these things are temporary fixes, however; as soon as I try to listen to another song or watch another video the problem repeats itself.

I'm using headphones that go into my 3.5 mm audio jack. I already tried using different headphones and an external speaker that go into the same audio jack, and the problem persists (I don't have any USB ones). My internal speakers work perfectly fine, and my headphones work fine on any other device.

I've deleted and reinstalled my audio drivers; no change. I've got the newest versions of them (Realtek HD), and of Windows 10 as well.

I'm pretty clueless as to what to do at this point. If anyone has any idea, I would greatly appreciate the help!

Related:

1 response

TWolfz Posts 1 Registration date Sunday July 31, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2016
Aug 1, 2016 at 01:01 PM
Maybe try turning your computer off for a period of time? And maybe check for any unwanted programs running in task manager. I know this seems pretty useless, but I guess it's worth a shot...

See I had a problem a little similar to this. Whenever I would watch a video or listen to music with headphones or not there would be a brief weird distorted sound. I stopped some unwanted programs in task manager and the problem was fixed.

Hope this helps in some way.. ^^;