Problems in accessing external pendrive g:

Closed
sanjay - Aug 12, 2016 at 08:07 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Aug 15, 2016 at 10:43 AM
Hello,
I can get access & see data from my external pen drive
One window asks to format or cancel after inserting the pen drive.
what can I do to get my data ?

2 responses

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Aug 12, 2016 at 12:37 PM
Hello sanjay,

You could insert the USB in you PC and directly go the Disk management menu in the Computer management options. There, you should be able to find your external drive. Has it got any drive letter assigned to it? If not, and it is showing you an unallocated space, right click on it where there is the name of the disk and assign a drive letter. Do not format it if it asks you.

Hope this helps. Cheers.
Good Afternoon !
1) Pls. let you inform that my pen drive is showing with drive name but after checking properties, it dosen't show the data. I'ld like to recover the all data above 2GB.
Pls. help me to get it which is very important.
2) The next query is how can I transfer the same date to my google drive ?
Regards & waiting for your reply,

Sanjay N. Sutar
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Aug 15, 2016 at 10:43 AM
Hello again,

There are some data recovery programs that could do the job. You could search for them over the Internet.
If they don't help you, then you could try to access the data using Linux Live USB / CD. Within the Ubuntu forum you can see the steps how to make a bootable flash. Once you have downloaded the .iso file, change the boot priority on the computer where the USB is placed. It is done through the BIOS and you must change the boot priority to be from USB ports and not the HDD. When it boots from the PC, you have to click on try and and not on install the OS.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted what happened. Good luck!