Laptop shut off, won't turn on

Closed
Kishor - Sep 2, 2016 at 12:36 AM
 Kishor - Sep 8, 2016 at 12:27 AM
Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron 15R-5521 laptop, it was plugged in and charging and on, and i had put my cellphone charger in the USB port and it sudddenly just shut off and now will not turn back on. I dont know if this has anything to do with it. After that letting it charge i noticed that when charger is not connected to laptop the light on charger shows on but as soon as connected to laptop charger's light goes off, I tried again, and still no luck. Not only that, but I realized that my laptop wasn't lighting up when it was plugged in. Can someone please tell me what is wrong and how to fix it?
Related:

2 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Sep 5, 2016 at 04:04 AM
Hi Kishor,

What oyu describe sounds like a power failure that may have caused serious damage to your laptop’s ports or motherboard. I would recommend you to disconnect all cables and remove the battery (if possible). Hold the power button for 20 seconds, reconnect the power cable and try to boot again. If nothing happens, contact a technician. The laptop may need to be checked by a professional.

Hope this helps

Dear sir,
Thanks for your suggestions. As I've done exactly you mentioned, but nothing happens so I've to show it to the technician.