My Toshiba Satellite laptop will not boot/start up, black screen

Closed
jackpierce84 - Sep 7, 2016 at 05:34 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Sep 7, 2016 at 06:19 AM
I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. It was given to me used. It was running extremely slow, so I asked a friend how to fix it. so he said he took out my ram and the hard drive tried putting in other ones. But now that original parts are put back in. It sounds like it wants to start but the screej1
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Sep 7, 2016 at 06:19 AM
Hi jackpierce,

Please start the PC and open the BIOS menu. Is the hard drive recognized? Could you ask your friend what has been changed. If the hard drive is not properly connected, the PC cannot read the installed OS and that is why see a black screen.
If the drive is visible in BIOS, but the PC cannot boot, insert a Windows installation DVD and check if the installation will start. Select the Repair option.
If you are not able to open the BIOS menu, the problem is not hard drive related and you may need to check if the RAM memory is correctly placed.

Hope this helps